The Whitmer farmhouse (now restored) is the site where translation was completed, and later where the Church was organized Apr 6, 1830

This looks out on the garden where "Brother Nephi" brought the Fayette plates to Joseph and later showed them to Mary Whitmer.

A beautiful visitor center with displays, films and memorabilia is now operated on the Whitmer Farm property, as described on this page at ChurchofJesusChrist.org